Assistance in Living
Living at Briarwood with Assistance means Peace of Mind.
In Briarwood’s Assisted Living Program, a Registered Nurse directs the program and manages a staff of Personal Care Attendants, who are on site 24 hours per day. Residents and their family members describe Briarwood’s program as warm, personal, and friendly. An Individual Service Plan is created for each resident and includes between forty-five minutes to one and one half hours of assistance per day. This assistance includes help with dressing, bathing, grooming, and medication reminders. Personal laundry and linen changes weekly are included.
Two or three meals per day are provided in our dining room depending on the need of the resident. Some residents prefer to have breakfast in their apartment. Other services include weekly housekeeping, a full activity program and scheduled transportation.
Each resident has their own apartment with a kitchenette and private bath. Residents furnish the apartment with their own treasured belongings. Each apartment has a thermostat for individual preferences. The utilities are included with the exception of telephone and cable services.
Our Briarwood Assisted Living Plans are tailored to meet the exact needs of each of our residents.
We are able to provide services and safety measures for residents who struggle with limitations associated with memory loss through our Memory Support Program Within Assisted Living, which provides:
- Security Alert System
- Supportive Physical Environment
- Trained staff members – extensive Dementia training
- Purposeful engagement & Independence Preservation Philosophy
- Activities Director – Certified Dementia Practitioner
- Priority access for Briarwood residents
All residents receive the following:
- Emergency response system
- Social/Cultural / Recreational activities
- Special interest classes and events
- Landscaping / Snow Removal
- Security services
Common areas for your enjoyment are…
- Community Dining / Living Rooms
- Resident Lounges / Activity Rooms/Country Kitchen
- Beauty / Barber Shop
- Dining Room
- Fitness Center and Daily Exercise Programs
- Outdoor areas for social activities, gardening, and enjoyment of nature
- Spa Bath
Your Apartment features…
- Wall-to-wall carpet
- Individual thermostat
- Bathroom safety features
- Privacy and easy access to common areas
Come discover all this and more by taking a tour and seeing all that Briarwood has to offer. Getting started is easy, click here to schedule a tour of our facilities.
With 105 Cottages and 64 apartments for Independent Living, Briarwood is large enough to ensure your privacy and small enough to have the warmth of a closely-knit neighborhood.
Briarwood Continuing Care Retirement Community has evolved to meet the changing needs of today’s seniors. Briarwood offers the full complement of residential choices, skillfully designed to combine classic style with modern convenience. We offer studio and one-bedroom appartments, rich with architectural detail and loaded with amenities.