Cars Of Summer Car Show
Summer has arrived, and many exciting events are scheduled for this lively season. For example, the Worcester Independence Day fireworks celebration taking place on July 3 at East Park on Shrewsbury Street with festivities beginning at 7:45 p.m., the Elm Park Summer Concert Series held Thursdays from July 11 to August 15 at 6:30 p.m., and the Massachusetts Symphony Summer Concert Series scheduled for July 13 and 20 beginning at 7 p.m. at Institute Park are a few outdoor activities that are almost certain to please.
One particularly interesting happening for antique car enthusiasts will be going on July 4 to July 7 at Green Hill Park in Worcester, and it is called CARS OF SUMMER!
Let’s look at some specifics surrounding this automobile extravaganza.
- 2013 will continue this 22-year Green Hill Park car show tradition. Still, there are a few changes. Some limitations of cars, additional car-oriented entertainment, and more family-friendly fun will be on hand.
- Retro, antique, specialty, and classic cars will be showcased.
- Disc jockeys, live music, food vendors, kid zone, merchants, an antique car auction, and good times are in store.
- Every paying adult will be entered in the antique car auction drawing which takes place on Sunday, July 7 (you do not have to be present to win).
- A Car Cruising through the city is scheduled for Friday and Saturday, July 5th and 6th(cars will line up at Green Hill Park).
- The four-day CARS OF SUMMER showpass costs $45 and includes two event bracelets (the majority of cars must be pre-1988: newer custom cars require pre-approval).
- Spectator four-day passes cost $30: a one-day pass costs $10. (NOTE: One child under 12 is admitted free of charge with each paying adult).
- Motorcycle and handicap parking will be available.
- Standard cars must park in the authorized parking section, not the show area.
Okay, as mentioned earlier, this year’s vintage auto show at Green Hill Park will be somewhat different than previous years. The emphasis undoubtedly will be on quality antique cars and tasteful, family-friendly entertainment. For additional details about this four-day event, check out www.carsofsummer.com.
Oh, if you go, have fun!