You ultimately made the decision to downsize. Undoubtedly, exciting times are ahead, so you are seeking out a vibrant place to live.
Certainly, you value your autonomy, but you’re energetic and are considering the lifestyle of active senior living communities. These communities include amazing amenities such as educational opportunities, activities, day trips, security, social gatherings, spiritual opportunities, spa services, physical fitness, and pleasing yet comfortable living quarters. Essentially, you want it all, and why not?
Well, as you seek out your new home, here are several questions to consider.
- Do the residences offer different floor plans and sizes? Do certain styles come with a garage?
- Is cultivating whole-person wellness a staff priority?
- Does the facility endeavor to optimize well-being and maximize positive aging, in part by implementing a full event calendar?
- Does the environment foster positive interaction with contemporaries?
- Are individualized physical assessments available with the goal of enhancing healthy minds and bodies?
- Will maintenance staff be on hand 24-hours per day to handle unexpected household occurrences?
- Are all outdoor chores (e.g., mowing, weeding, snow removal) included in the amenities? In other words, does the community enjoy maintenance-free living?
- Are the grounds smartly groomed?
- Are housekeeping services available to the residents?
- Is a beautifully-appointed, communal dining room conveniently located on the premises? Does the menu offer great variety and periodically change?
- Are stoves and other appliances included in kitchen areas for the times home cooking is preferred?
- Are bathrooms equipped with safety features?
- Are there assorted common areas? If so, do they include activity rooms, lounges, and living rooms?
- Is transportation available?
- Is there an emergency response system?
- Does the facility have a fitness center, barber shop, beauty salon, hobby room, library, wood working shop, and spa (with manicure, pedicure, and massage services) directly on site?
- Are diverse educational opportunities, such as classical music topics, practical use of technology, historical learning, computer classes, art courses, vocational teaching, and multi-topic lectures, presented on the campus?
- Are off-site excursions to concerts, plays, and day outings obtainable for residents wishing to partake?
Relocating to a new home occasionally produces a plethora of ambiguous feelings. Nonetheless, when the residence affords freedom from daily chores, independent living, and a wide range of educational, social, and creative prospects, uncertainty tends to wane and peace of mind, coupled with ongoing gratification, quickly takes hold.
Briarwood, located in a charming country setting less than 10 minutes from Worcester, is a pet-friendly senior living community featuring the aforesaid services to our lively residents, resulting in a most enriched lifestyle. In fact, many individuals assert they wish they had made the move to our welcoming community a lot sooner than they did.