New Year Rewards
Many of us hold sizable aspirations as another year ushers in. We wish for better careers, better homes, better relationships, and better fortune. There’s certainly nothing wrong with hoping for such things, but it’s vital to recognize that simple changes offer rewards, as well.
Hence, to commemorate the New Year, here are sixteen thoughts to ponder as we welcome 2016.
- You are an incredibly worthy creation. Do not give anyone or anything, including self-appointed insecurities, the power to minimize your value.
- Hasty judgment rarely depicts an accurate picture: refrain from this as much as possible.
- We all make mistakes, but it’s never too late to do the right thing.
- You define your own reality. If you believe you are amazing, you are!
- We are all teachers, be sure the lessons you impart are the ones you want to convey.
- Time, as many of us understand it, travels on: but it should not dictate how we chart our travels.
- Children flourish when they have good examples to follow: strive to be one.
- A closed mind locks out many incredible experiences!
- Money may be tight, but smiles are free: give them freely.
- If we believe we can’t tackle something we want to do, we’re probably right. If we believe we can, we’re probably right, as well.
- Success, fame, and fortune do not guarantee happiness (look at some movie stars). However, a pure heart often seems joyful.
- Each and every person is blessed with special gifts. Instead of focusing on other people’s talents, do your best to recognize and cultivate your own.
- If you mess up, acknowledge the mistake, make amends when warranted, and move on. Much misery is rooted in guilt.
- Treat other people with respect. And, if the timing is right, tactfully let them know when they are not returning the favor.
- Love is a four-letter word that possesses the amazing ability to transform darkness into light, especially when it regularly flies out from our hearts.
- At some measure, we’re all in this together. Imagine what we could achieve if we choose to value differences and work in harmony.
Indeed, the calendar is changing. So, be kind to yourself, be kind to others, and Happy New Year!