Reflective Thoughts for a New Year
Clearly, 2016 is wrapping up and a New Year is seizing the scene. With the year-end changes come a sizable assortment of hopes, desires, wishes, and dreams. Hence, as we enter 2017, here are seventeen thoughts to ponder.
- Every now and then, forget you’re a grown-up and have fun like a child.
- The squeaky wheel may get the oil, but quiet ones need attention, too.
- When we channel positive thoughts, positive actions customarily follow.
- A simple smile can lift a sinking spirit.
- An attitude of gratitude bequeaths joy to the giver and receiver.
- It’s more difficult to assist others when our own needs are being neglected.
- Choose to let your inner light shine, especially when darkness sweeps over the landscape.
- When you’re happy, go with it. Anyway, you should be happy.
- There are times we should give and times we should let others do the giving.
- Live your own reality: especially if it does not hurt anyone, strengthens your self-worth, and could even help creation.
- Encouraging words possess the extraordinary ability to transform disillusioned hearts.
- Anyone can lecture, but lessons endure when we embody what we preach.
- Kindness is free, life altering, and invaluable.
- If you believe it’s wrong, heed the warning: your conscience is usually right.
- Your heart tends to be an insightful messenger: listen to it.
- Learn from the past, plan for the future, but decide to live life fully today.
- Imagine how wonderful the world would be if humans could individually and collectively choose love over hatred and fear.
Okay, so secretly you hold dreams for 2017? Remember, many a dreamer has changed our surroundings for the better. Therefore, do not dismiss impassioned ideas and have a Happy New Year!