For the second year in a row, Tufts Health Plan is uniting with several Worcester-area museums in presenting complimentary entry to seniors 62 and over on selected dates in September. Free admission will be on a first-come, first-serve basis, at the judgment of the respective museum. You do not need to be a member of Tufts to take advantage of this wonderful offer; however, you should take along a photo I.D.
Here are the facilities partnering with Tufts for this cultural experience.
- Tower Hill Botanic Gardens. Tower Hill Botanic Garden, located at 11 French Drive in Boylston, is a most impressive flora extravaganza. As some might already know, the facility offers year-round botanical pleasure. Seniors get in free of charge on Tuesdays, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., in the beautiful month of September.
- Worcester Art Museum. Worcester Art Museum, 55 Salisbury Street, has a tour de force reputation. This renowned facility is home to more than 35,000 works ranging from ancient to modern times. It is the second largest art museum in New England and welcomes countless people through its doors each year. Senior September free admission will take place on Wednesdays, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fruitlands Museum. Fruitlands, 102 Prospect Hill Road, Harvard, is a fascinating, 90-acre property that transports visitors back to a time meant to model a utopian society. Amos Bronson Alcott and Charles Lane founded the short-lived, transcendental commune. Other notable residents occupying the grounds include Isaac Hecker, Ann Page, and Louisa May Alcott. Free senior admission takes place on Monday, September 15, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Worcester Historical Museum/Salisbury Museum. WHM, 30 Elm Street, stands out in the region as the only museum devoted to local history. An impressive research library, archive home to thousands of documents, and exciting collection of Worcester artifacts, are some of the remarkable gems to savor. Salisbury Mansion, operated by Worcester Historical Museum, was built in 1772 and maintains its own historical prominence. Free senior admission to WHM takes place on Thursday, September 18, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Salisbury Mansion will offer free admittance on Thursday, September 18, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Fitchburg Art Museum. Fitchburg Art Museum, located at 25 Merriam Parkway in Fitchburg, is a vibrant, four-building institution with treasured collections from fascinating areas like Africa, Greece, and Ancient Rome. Nineteenth Century American Art makes a strong presence, as does American photography. Free senior admission will occur on Thursday, September 25, from noon to 4 p.m.
Many people love museums, and September is a glorious time to delight in this senior opportunity. There will be a Tufts Health Plan Medicare Preferred team member available at the venues, prepared to share information and answer questions.
For additional details regarding Senior September, go to http://www.tuftsmedicarepreferred.org/seniorseptember or call 877-588-6831.